Update: Thanks to all who entered this awesome giveaway. It is now closed and a winner will be chosen, notified, and added to the winners list. Stay tuned for more fun giveaways coming soon!
I love new kitchen gadgets, but so many times they prove to be, well – not as useful as I thought! I was able to try the new Magic Tap which is a new and innovative “Spill Proof Automatic Drink Dispenser”. I was skeptical at first thinking, “Wow, that sounds really cool” but all the while a little worried that it would land in my cemetery of unused – wow really cool products that don’t work!
I opened the box and pulled out this little contraption and instantly gave it to Dale (my husband) who puts everything together for me! I read the instructions as he installed the batteries in the top compartment and instantly added the Magic Tap to a gallon of tea and put the gallon inside the fridge. It took, like 2 seconds to put it together! I filled a glass with ice, pressed my glass against the blue button, and badda-bing!! My glass was filling up with tea. When I released the glass from the blue button, there was NO leaking!
Now, I know that this seems like not that big of a deal but if you watch this video below you’ll see what I mean. No more having to pull the containers out of the fridge to pour them and you can even stick a bowl of cereal up to the spout instead of pulling the gallon of milk out to pour it. This is GREAT for smaller kids who are intent on making their “OWN” bowl of cereal ! Or for the elderly who have a hard time picking up heavy gallons or pitchers from in and out of the fridge. Okay, check this video out….
The Magic Tap fits most containers. We tend to keep our milk gallons to make tea and Koolaid in and I’m happy that it fits them. The taps also fit perfectly on the larger juice containers! Cleanup is a breeze with these. Just add some dish liquid and water to a container, slip the Magic Tap on and run the soapy liquid through by pressing the button. Then fill the container with water and run another cycle through the Magic Tap to rinse out the soap.
I was concerned about the battery life considering the containers are living inside the refrigerator but we’ve used ours a ton and haven’t had to replace the batteries yet. Here is some useful information about the Magic Tap:
1. The trigger on your Magic tap® was designed with a very sensitive micro-switch to make it easy for children and seniors to activate with minimal pressure, so be careful when handling to not accidentally bump the trigger (especially when fixing the Magic Tap® to new beverage bottles).
2. The Magic Tap® features a swiveling top which will allow you to easily turn the spout to the side when not in use, further ensuring that the trigger will not be accidently activated.
3. The Magic Tap® will dispense up to 28 gallons of your favorite beverage on two AA batteries. Please make sure your batteries are fresh to start!
4. We have yet to find a large format beverage bottle that the patent-pending universal cap won’t fit. Buy in bulk, save money and eliminate the heavy lifting and spills that come with trying to pour from these large containers!
5. Use the Magic Tap® to dispense your favorite non-carbonated beverages including milk, sports drinks, ice tea, Kool-Aid, water and a variety of juices. The Magic Tap® is not designed to dispense beverages containing heavy pulp.
Now, for a limited time my readers can get a Magic Tap Discount of 15% off + a discount on shipping! The price is normally (2) for $14.99 + $8.99 for shipping but right now you can get it for $12.75 + $6.99 shipping and this is for 2 Magic Taps, so it’s a BOGO Free deal! That makes them just under $10 each if you include the cost of shipping which is a GREAT price for these! Click HERE to order yours!
The folks at Magic Tap were kind enough to give me one for review and they’re also offering one for a giveaway so one lucky reader will win one! Just use the Rafflecopter Box below to enter. Please note: This giveaway is only available to US residents.