Photo credit: Taste of Home
If you’re looking for an easy Mocha Frappe Recipe, look no further! I’m addicted to Mocha Frappes and well, I’m cheap and I don’t want to pay $3 or more a day to splurge at McDonald’s. Oh, and if you prefer Caramel – read my Caramel Frappe Recipe post!
I decided to give the World Wide Web a try at finding a Homemade Mocha Frappe recipe that was similar to the one at McDonald’s. I wound up combining a few different recipes to make this one and it’s perfection! It’s very quick and easy to make and you can change the recipe around to your liking. I mean, you can’t hardly mess up when it comes to coffee, milk, chocolate syrup, sugar, and ice right??!! If you’re more of a “tear open a pouch” kind of person you can try the Ghirardelli Mocha Frappe Mix from Amazon. I’ve had it, and it’s great for a quick fix!
HomeMade Mocha Frappe Ingredients:
1 1/2 cups Cold Coffee
2 Cups Milk
1/4 Cup Chocolate Syrup
1/4 Cup Sugar
Below are some money saving coupons that can be printed for your ingredients. Just click the images and it’ll take you straight to the actual coupon to print. If you see any coupons that are expired or are no longer available please contact me! I love to keep these coupons updated and fresh!!
Coupons for the ingredients:
- Freeze the coffee in ice cube trays. Once frozen, blend everything until smooth and enjoy!! Yes, really…that’s all there is to it! Make sure to look below for variations!! This makes enough that you should be able to share – maybe !!
1. Okay, first off I don’t have to have the pretty cool whip and chocolate syrup drizzle on top. If you are preparing these for a party or something of that nature then I probably would add that just for “prettiness” sake.
2. I didn’t have a blender – I actually had a smoothie maker but the blades quickly wore out from too much frappe makin’, lol. I am happy with my cheapie Hamilton Beach Blender. I got a great deal on it at less than $30, and it does the job wonderfully!
3. I’m not great at following recipes, so I don’t really follow the recipe to a T. That’s the great thing about this recipe though…it’s totally easy to make a little more or less sweet depending on your taste. The same with the thickness. You can thicken with milk or thin with more ice or coffee.
4. I didn’t measure the chocolate syrup…eeeek. I just squirted it in. Also, I’m not sure that I used all of the sugar that the recipe calls for. I just scooped some out and dumped it in, so I advise you to be careful when dumping and squirting. Keep taste testing until it suits you.
5. If you prefer Caramel over Mocha, then add Caramel Syrup or Topping. If you prefer just an iced coffee, leave out the syrup. I like it that way too.
You won’t want to blend the ice too, too much if you like it really icy. This recipe is totally customizable and you can omit or add anything I think to your liking.
I’d love to know what you think. After you’ve tried it out, please come back and let me know!!! Ohh, and be sure to check out some of the other FANT-abulous recipes in my recipe box! Here are a few fan favorites:
- Chocolate Bundt Cake with Peanut Butter Glaze Recipe
- Easy Rich and Creamy Mashed Potatoes with a Twist Recipe
- Ooey Gooey Monkey Bread
- Double Layer Peppermint Bark Recipe – Easy Peasy!