My sister told me about a recipe she found for Chocolate Muffins using only 2 ingredients…Chocolate Cake Mix and Canned Pumpkin!!! No oil or eggs are needed and I will tell you that after these little muffins come out of the oven, they are pure chocolatey goodness and you won’t taste the pumpkin…or at least I didn’t! I like the thickness and texture of these muffins because they come out a little dense, sorta like a cakey brownie! It’s a great low fat recipe and a thrifty one too!
I mentioned this the other day on my Facebook Page and I promised a recipe so here it is.
- 1 - Devils Food Chocolate Cake Mix (other flavors can be used too)
- 1 - 15 oz. Canned Pumpkin
Mix Cake Mix and Canned Pumpkin together (very thick batter, so it takes alot of mixing). Use a spoon or even an ice cream scoop to pour mixture into 12 Cupcake Paper Cups. Bake at temperature the Cake Mix calls for for around 19-22 minutes. Use a toothpick to see if muffins are done…if not, put back in the oven for another minute or 2!
These are DELICIOUS!!! If you’d like to try another variation using chocolate chips…view this recipe here!
Check out these other recipes to add to your own recipe box:
- Tips to Make the Perfect Iced Coffee with Gevalia
- Ooey Gooey Monkey Bread Recipe
- Easy Rich and Creamy Mashed Potatoes with a Twist Recipe
- Recipe: Honey Bunches of Oats Baked Chicken
- The Easter Story Cookie Recipe | Also Known as The Resurrection Cookie
- Homemade Bisquick Substitute Recipe
- Mocha Frappe Homemade Recipe: Tastes Like McDonald’s!!!
- Key Lime Pie Poke Cake Recipe – Sweet Summer Dessert
Thanks to my sister Mikki, and thanks to NoelKitty.com for the photo!